The future of putting
practice has arrived.
Meet PuttView X, the world’s first true Augmented Reality sports application!
From the very beginning PuttView‘s vision has been to provide putting knowledge to players, coaches, and golf enthusiasts in a portable way; anytime, and on any green in the world. Now, this vision finally becomes a reality. Simply put on the glasses and take a deep dive into the PuttView world.
Watch the PuttView X product film!
Check out what your favorite players and coaches have to say about PuttView X.
Visualize your putt
See where you need to aim, know the actual path of the ball and marvel at the contours of the green you are standing on. All of this made possible by overlaying information about the putt in front of you directly onto the green. This is a learning experience you will never forget!
How does the Augmented Reality work?
All valuable putt information is displayed as an overlay onto the green using Microsoft’s HoloLens Augmented Reality technology. Understand the green contours, visualize your intended putt and get feedback in real-time.
Explore the features that PuttView X has to offer, and discover how each of these cutting-edge functionalities can improve your game, specifically enhancing your skills in the fundamentals of putting: reading the green, perfecting your aim, and mastering speed control.
Visualization • Ball path • Curved line thinker
See where you have to aim and focus on starting the ball on your intended line. Depending on your speed preferences, the Ideal Line can be amended to match the speed that feels just right for you. Once you've successfully matched the speed with your intended line, the impact of the break will take care of the rest, guiding your ball along the Ideal Line straight into the hole. This feature also comes with an animation and a corridor to provide you with a comprehensive training experience.
Visualization • Aiming • Straight line thinker
See where you have to aim at and align yourself accordingly. This gives you the ability to fully focus on starting the ball on your intended line. If you are able to do that and also match it with the intended speed, you can watch your ball roll into the hole. By amending the speed options you can also watch how the Aiming Line changes depending on your intentions. This will help you get a better understanding of the impact of speed on the line you pick. This feature also comes with an animation and a corridor to provide you with a comprehensive training experience.
Green reading • Topography • Breakreading
All slopes on the green are illustrated like a topographical map. The lines connect points of equal elevation and enable you to quickly identify the slopes of the green. The Contour Lines help you understand the impact of gravity on the ball and to help you read breaks better on the course.
Visualization • Aggressivness • Speed Control
Do you prefer to die the ball in the hole or play a more aggressive line? Adjust the power from deadweight to 3ft past to practice different speeds. Playing the same putt at different speeds is a great way to develop your ability to control the speed.
Individual Performance • Adjustable • Personalize
Everyone pictures a putt in a different manner before hitting it. Therefore you can adjust the color and brightness. Customize the visuals on the green according to your preferences to effectively match the visuals with the picture you have in your mind.
PuttView X lets you set the green speed, ensuring a flawless experience on any green of the world.
The coach‘s companion
The Companion App serves as your personal putting assistant, meticulously designed with coaches in mind. Utilizing Screen Casting, coaches can seamlessly mirror the perspective of the PuttView X user. This functionality provides coaches with valuable insights into additional putt details, including distance, 'play as' settings, break, and slope.
With Screen Casting enabled, capturing a player's putt using the HoloLens becomes effortless, and the recorded files can be conveniently downloaded to your phone. Moreover, the app empowers coaches to have complete visual control over PuttView X directly from their smartphones
How to get PuttView X
• PuttView X Software
• Microsoft HoloLens 2
• Wifi Router
• Smartphone App
• Flightcase & Accessories
• First year of PuttView X Subscription
You want to experience PuttView X first hand? Take a look on our world map at the bottom of the page and get in touch with our sales team to schedule a demo.
Do you want more information about PuttView X? Feel free to contact our Sales Representatives for further information.
"PuttView X is fun, educational, and possibly a great tool for learning to read greens and trust your lines, ..."
"In simple terms, the PuttView X takes the company’s advanced green visualization technology and brings it to any hole on any golf course anywhere in the world."
“I believe that every team out there should have PuttView X, no doubt about it!”
We have collected most of the questions we have been asked here for you. If you still have questions, please use the contact form.
Does PuttView X work on any green? How does PuttView X determine which course I am playing?
- PuttView X is designed to work on any green in the world, .ie. it does not matter on which course you are playing. PuttView X will scan the green you are playing instantaneously.
Can I wear PuttView X in official practice rounds?
- The USGA and R&A may have a local rule in place for the Tours prohibiting the use of PuttView X. However, this should not impact amateur play, and therefore it should be possible for amateurs.
Can I demonstrate to others what I am seeing?
- PuttView X comes with a smartphone app that enables screen casting and controlling the HoloLens for coaching scenarios.
How quickly can the green be scanned?
- You simply have to look at the green for PuttView X to instantaneously scan it. For longer putts, you only need to walk the distance from the hole to your ball.
Is it possible to adjust the green speed?
- Yes, you can customize PuttView X for any green speed. The green speed can be changed both through the HoloLens and the App.
How long does the battery last?
- The battery lasts up to 2 hours and takes approximately 1 hour to charge.
How heavy are the glasses?
- The unit is lightweight and easy to carry, weighing only 1,247 Pounds (566g).
Are rumors about Microsoft discontinuing the HoloLens project true?
- Microsoft is still fully committed to the HoloLens program, and nothing in the changes made by Microsoft affects our plans for the launch of PuttView X in June 2023. For more information about Microsoft's commitment to HoloLens 2 and mixed reality, please refer to the recent blog post here: Microsoft committed to HoloLens 2 and Mixed Reality.
Can I install the App on an existing HoloLens 2?
- At this time, it is not possible to install the App on an existing HoloLens 2, but there may be an upgrade package available in the future.
Is PuttView X and the equipment covered by warranty?
- We give a warranty that the product is free from defect at delivery. The warranty period for PuttView X and the equipment as of delivery is 12 month for businesses or 24 month for consumers. In case of a defect of PuttView X at delivery we will eliminate such defect or deliver a new PuttView X product / replacement parts.